- 24 no spend days Fail! I only had 16 no spend days
- Work out 20 days Fail! I got sick again with a nagging cough and couldn’t work out for 2 weeks
File taxes Done!
- Ace interview for health care program I’m interested in. Interview is April 1st. Will tell you more about this if I get into the program. Fingers crossed!
This was my February goal but I got a 5% pay raise after getting an 8% pay cut last year so… yay.
Pay off CRA amount owing (~$1500) PASS! But now I owe them $815 for 2017 taxes
Start tackling line of credit debt (@ 6.7% interest) PASS!
Stick to Miscellaneous, Liquor and Grocery budget PASS!
- Go to gym 20 times FAIL! I caught a cold and couldn’t work out for a few days
- Not lose my shit at work FAIL! Not sure why I put this on here. Haha!
- Negotiate at least 5% pay raise at my one year review under my boss’ private company (details here) MEH. Boss has been traveling so it’s been difficult to schedule meeting.
This wasn’t part of my goals for this month but I had 22 no spend days meaning no unnecessary spending such as buying a snack, wine, etc.
January was an ok month for me. I managed to stay below my gas, grocery and restaurant budget. However, I went over budget in the wedding, miscellaneous and liquor budget. So much for dry January!
- Miscellaneous crap I bought included a domain name for unfuckmymoney.com, windshield washer fluid, car wash, drain unclogger and an acupressure mat.
- I had to spend $90 to top up my annual cell phone plan which I went into detail in my last post.
- We bought my fiancé’s wedding band because it was on sale and put down 50% on our accommodation rental for when we get married
Debt balances as of January 31, 2018
I paid $1500 to my CRA debt leaving a balance of ~$1500. I’m soooo close to having that paid off!
The interest rate on my line of credit increased due to the increase in the prime rate.
I’m going to try and be more disciplined in February since it’s a shorter month.